[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 20/01/2010 - report

Jurgen Gaeremyn jurgen.gaeremyn at pandora.be
Fri Jan 22 05:17:09 GMT 2010

Hello,

I recently attended my first dipro-stand where I was part of the
Ubuntu-be team. I was then too asked to coordinate, as everyone was new.
Afterwards, I asked not to put me in that place again, as I don't feel I
can do this as it should be done (I'm bad at coordinating). I actually
hope to be able to be around the stand one of the two days of the H&C
days, but I can't even commit to being there the two days.
I enjoy being on a stand and addressing people to introduce them to
Ubuntu - my strengths are: I easily talk to people and I tend to
have an intuition to understand their questions... I also tend to have
(somewhat chaotic but creative) ideas every now and then... (oh yeah,
and I'm convinced as a user)

So I'm not the Linux expert, nor am I a great organizer... Luckily, on
both of these terrains there are other people available too. I've got my
hands full on getting my new job organized for the moment.
I'll answer any questions I know the answer to, so ask ahead - but don't
put me in that spot where I have to ask (myself) the questions (f.e.
about how to organize)...

Friendly regards,
Jurgen.