[Ubuntu-be] Fwd: IRC meeting 03/02/2010 - report

Steven Leeman steven at leeman.be
Fri Feb 5 10:56:35 GMT 2010

On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Jan Bongaerts <jbongaerts at gmail.com> wrote:

> Steven,
> these rates are indeed far more reasonable.
>
> About canonical:
> Although Mark Shuttleworth is South African, he is now based in the UK.
> Canonical default prices are also in Pounds Sterling.
> In Euro their 200 pack is 158 Euro. I wonder where you got the amount of
> 186 from.
> But whatever the case, the option of dvdreplicatie is cheaper.

you've mixed things up...
the pound is still higher than the euro...certainly today now the euro is
decreasing in value a lot!!!

it's 158 pound or 186 euro to order 200 cdroms from canonical... I did
notice the "currency" combo as well :-)

If they are indeed created & shipped from the UK... then no problems with
possible "customs" declarations... otherwise it might be a "risk" factor in
both delay and added unsuspecting costs...
The people that ordered recently for Fosdem can check perhaps where they are
shipped from and if the goods have allready arrived and within expected
costs (although sometimes these extra customs bills can arrive a week/month
later)...been there...done that... Not keen anymore in ordering anything
outside the EU anymore