[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 03/02/2010 - report

Steven Leeman steven at leeman.be
Fri Feb 5 10:29:49 GMT 2010

perhaps this might be interesting:
http://www.dvdreplicatie.be/prijzen/prijzen-cd-persen
0,50 euro/ cd (when ordering 2000) -> instead of a jewelcase it will be a
card wallet...which is nice
0.25 euro if it's in a paper sleeve... (5000 pieces)

For the Hardy release party cdroms (
http://users.telenet.be/stamboom.broeckx/buntucd.JPG)
2000 cdroms were made (1000 for belgium, 1000 for amsterdam Hardy release
party)
by Bernard Demarsin, MJK Disc Productions
Tel: +32 016893735, Fax +32 024007254
I don't know it's final price back then.... but on the website it's current
prices seem to be between 650euro-900euro depending on some factors
(packaging?) http://www.kopieer-cd.be/prijzen/cd-produceren-prijsklasse.jsp
I do know that originally "logo's" were offered  to be put on the cdrom
covers from the "sponsors"... but in the end it were the "url's" of their
websites...perhaps to lower the price some more? People could pay 2-4euro
for a cdrom  and thus donate in their own way.
I'm not sure if Ubuntu has a tax number to detract BTW/tax when ordering? so
you might need to add that as well (most of these prices are excl tax)

If I order via the website of canonical... I notice the lowest price is for
200 cd's (186,06euro).... even if I make 5 quantities for that (1000cd) I
notice it will still cost me +-0,93029 euro/cd .... shipment seems to be
free when logging in for Belgium....

So basicly you will sponsor Ubuntu... I'm not sure about "EU import" taxes
that might be added at the border...
they are send from south-africa?

Greetz,
Steven