[Ubuntu-be] Dipro Ghent 31/01 - comments on the report

Jean7491 Jean7491 at free.fr
Wed Feb 3 14:56:22 GMT 2010

Hi to all,

In the Dipro Ghent 31/01report available in the wiki
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Gent_2010-01-31 , kws
wrote some personal ideas about future events :

"For the moment we try to attend _all_ the Dipro events. Not all of them, however, receive a lot of visitors (not sure why though). Maybe
we should skip events every now and then."

During the last months, Ubuntu-be was present in all Dipro  fairs,
mostly 1 or 2 times/year, but 4 times/year in Ghent and Antwerp. We
always can skip fairs if the local coordinator or team  thinks  it is
better.  And we can look for other or new events we could participate
to, all suggestions are welcome.
Feel free to comment this topic.

"Not all Ghent events have a positive revenue. Now that Shipit has stopped providing free CD's, participants have to pay for the CD's they're
distributing themselves. If you add up all the costs (CD's, booth fee, ...) there is a negative balance this time. We need a cheaper way to be
able to provide free CD's to the visitors."

As Ubuntu-be has no other income, it is indeed difficult to encourage
public gifts when distributing free CD's and to cover in this way the
costs (booth fee and material). All suggestions and intiatives for
finding cheaper CD's are welcome.
Again, feel free to comment these ideas in the IRC meeting or through
the mailing list.

Regards,
Jean