[Ubuntu-be] information about T-shirts

wouter Vandenneucker woutervddn at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 8 12:31:18 GMT 2010

Jean7491 wrote:

> - Trademark policy: I understand that we have to ask an approval by
> Canonical to use the Logo on t-shirts, or at least to inform Canonical
> about it (to be confirmed) : http://www.ubuntu.com/aboutus/trademarkpolicy
>
> - Ubuntu-be has no store location, up to the volunteers to find a solution.
>
> - As soon as the design is decided, it is possible to start a pre-sale
> at a lower price, but without pre-payment.
>
> - A poll via Doodle is easier than a poll in Launchpad.
> AFAIK, a poll in the wiki is less easy, and needs a Launchpad login, a
> poll in Launchpad - Belgian LoCo Team is possible, but needs an action
> of the administrator and is limited to who has a Launchpad account, a
> poll in the web-site? It needs more actions from the administrator.
>
> ?jean7491
> Ubuntu Belgium Events Team

I'll write a mail to canonical asking them about the permission,

Any ideas about the -shirt-store-?
I like the thought about pre-sale, anyone have a problem with this idea?
A poll via Doodle looks like the best way then...

Ward De Ridder wrote:
> Great someone picked up the project again, I don't really have the time to
> work on it.
> I see in your spreadsheet the branch B&C, but that isn't fair-trade.
> The fair-trade branches on cotton-shirts.eu can be found here:
> http://www.cotton-shirts.eu/en/organic-fair/
> Another site I found to print the t-shirts is this one:
> http://www.fair21.com/clothes_prices.php
>
> Ward

hi Ward, thx for the links.
apperantly the cotton-shirt links are allready in the spreadsheet, I'll take a look at the other site later today.
As for B&C: they do have a number of shirts that are fairtrade.

@jean7491 & Bram Gadeyne:
Would be a good idea to have a number of volunteers all over belgium (1 in each region or so) that have a number of shirts?
Or would it be a better idea to just send them in the mail?
No doubt about the fact that overview should be maintained at all times,
but I think it might be easier for people if they don't have to rely on postal-service nor have to drive to the other side of the country..