[Ubuntu-be] ubuntu gaming + live cd

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Wed Aug 25 12:03:45 BST 2010

Op zaterdag 21-08-2010 om 15:28 uur [tijdzone +0200], schreef Bram
Gadeyne:
> I'll distribute a ubuntu 10.10 (by then) cd-rom over the network and I
> will create a local ubuntu mirror so players can even choose more
> games.
>
> I've found this tutorial (
> http://www.howtoforge.com/local_debian_ubuntu_mirror) about installing
> such a mirror server with apt-mirror but its for ubuntu edgy. Is this
> still the best way to create such a local mirror?

I'm not sure if it's the best way or not, but repositories still work
the same, so it should still work.

>  Is it correct to download these parts of the repository :main,
> restricted and universe without the sources?

You'll want multiverse too, as some games need artwork that is not
"free" (Alien Arena, Warsow, etc.).

And of course you only need x86 and maybe amd64, but not ARM etc.

--
Jan Claeys