[Ubuntu-be] Addition of commercial links on Ubuntu-be.org - wiki draft-page for comment

jean7491 jean7491 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 11:37:02 BST 2010

Jan,

Thanks for your remarks,

Le 03/08/10 19:45, Jan Bongaerts a écrit :
> Re point 3, I would not be too specific/restrictive about the
> appearance of the link. I would only restrict the size. If they want a
> full on interactive flashy button or so, I feel they should be able to.
We could be more general:
-  identification and contact information, with logo (max. size),
-  direct link to web page presenting the Ubuntu related product or service
-  eventualy, short description of the activity (max. 3 lines)

> I would also try not to make the links alphabetical, but re-arrange
> them on a random basis, or, if that is not feasible, re-arrange/rotate
> them every day or so.
Better no information about te order of the links ? and the
website-admin is free to choice the order.

> I would differentiate between sponsored links and unsponsored links.
> Only links to a non-commercial site should be free of charge.
Although it is a possible source of income for Ubuntu-be, we have no
status, nor financial structure to receive and manage such income.
Partly for this reason, during the IRC meeting, we have decided addition
of links free of charge.