[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 28/04/2010 – Report

Jean7491 jean7491 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 29 16:09:28 BST 2010

IRC meeting 28/04/2010 – Report
Present at the meeting (in random order) : JanC, pvandewijngaerde,
jean7491, massimo21, nero_, nefast

1. Past and future events
 a.  Dipro Ghent (18/04)
The report has been added to the wiki:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Gent_2010-04-18

 b Dipro Antwerp (09/05)
Bram will coordinate the booth, a few names are already in te wiki. The
team is not yet complete, we still need additional volunteers  (at least 3).
The improved booth will be 6m. x 4m., with more place for a workshop
10.04 LTS.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerpen_2010-05-09

 c. Release parties Lucid Lynx 10.04LTS.
Events we know about have been added to the calendar
http://ubuntu-be.org/en/calendar  (see month May)
- Ghent release party : mimor is organizing the event
(http://mimor.be/release-party/lucid-lynx/ and
http://0x20.be/Ubuntu_10.04_Release_Party). We expect an update about
the event in the mailing list.

 d. Other events :
The planning of activities in september is started with Dipro fairs and
1 event in Niel.

2. Promotion
 a. Press Release Lucid Lynx
JanC is working on the PR now, with the input from De Bitmappers. The
press release should be short, easy to be used or adapted by the press
:  better a short text with in annex additional explanations.
 b. Public Relations.
We need a Public-Relations Team (with people who knows about Public
Relations).
The Press Release is an illustration of the work that we expect from a
public-relation team (proposed in the previous meetings). The main
problem is to find a few motivated volunteers ! Who will answer to this
call ?

3. Support points map status : nothing new from mongolito404.

4. Things living in the mailing list
 New ways/events to promote Ubuntu.
Remember : all suggestions are welcome,  everybody can look for contact
and propose activities.
As example, we received a proposition from the computerclub Monitor
(Niel) for a booth in  "de Nielse computerdag" on 26/09. Such a local
cooperation with a computerclub is certainly worthy, especially as their
"rommelmarkt" will also attract new people.
Let's hope there will be volunteers from this area for the booth !

5. Next meeting : 05/05/2010 at 21 h.

--
jean7491
Ubuntu Belgium Events Team