[Ubuntu-be] Nabble forum scheduled for deletion

Pierre Buyle mongolito404 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 16:45:40 GMT 2009

Hi,

today I received a mail from Nabble to warn about the scheduled deletion of
the Ubuntu-be forum. For those who didn't follow, Nabble is the service that
provide a forum like web interface for this mailing list. The deletion has
been scheduled because the Nabble web interface is not used to post content
to the mailing list.

Nabble was configured for the mailing list in the hope to get more people to
participate by providing a simpler interface. It was not perfect but it
didn't cost much time. It didn't work. The deletion of the forum is a direct
result of this. I'll take no action t prevent this deletion from happening.
After the deletion, the "forum" page will be removed from the website.

PS: I don't think it means that a forum will not help to get more people to
participate. It only proves that the Nabble powered one didn't.

--
Pierre