[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting report 14/10/2009

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Fri Oct 16 01:12:26 BST 2009

Op donderdag 15-10-2009 om 07:04 uur [tijdzone +0000], schreef
kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be:
> >- Dipro fair in Ghent 08/11
> >We need a local coordinator from Ghent area. Who is candidate?
> >https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Ghent_2009-11-08
>
> I guess I can do that, but I'm not sure what a coordinator is supposed
> to do. I guess I just have to arrange a meeting on IRC and check who
> is bringing what? Right?

A lot of the pre-fair coordination is done by mail directly between the
volunteers, a dedicated IRC meeting is optional (although coming to the
ubuntu-be meeting just before the fair is a good idea).

The things you'd need to do are making sure that you have enough:
      * volunteers
      * hardware
      * promo stuff, etc.

Also make sure everybody knows where to be at what time, parking
regulations, etc. (especially important for new volunteers).

Of course we're here to help you with all that, but being the
coordinator means you follow up the wiki/mails, ask us questions if you
don't know something and (if needed) make loud noises if there are
issues.  ;-)

Essentially, it means that you make sure the fair booth really happens.

--
Jan Claeys