[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting report 14/10/2009

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Thu Oct 15 08:46:08 BST 2009

Hi,

regarding the support point map. The current site is a dead end. I
develop it almost alone from scratch in PHP4 using CodeIgniter (a PHP
framework). It has not been touched for more than a year. Mainly
because I don't have enough time to work on it. The idea floating in
my head for more than a year is to leverage Drupal and Launchpad.
Using Drupal means that a lot a "base features" such has user
registration, login, etc. has not to be re-done. And Launchpad is
already integrated in Drupal for user registration, login and group
membership. But even for that, I don't have enough time at hand.

My proposition is the remove the current map website. The database can
be kept and exported to a more useful format (CSV, vCard, etc.) and
handled by a few responsible people (we don't want to make it public
since it contains private information).

On Thu, Oct 15, 2009 at 9:04 AM, kenneth.westelinck at pandora.be