[Ubuntu-be] wifi Antwerpen

Michel Daggelinckx 03taxi at gmail.com
Sat May 16 15:17:02 BST 2009

Wireless Antwerpen is slowly expanding it's coverage. Other projects can
be found in different parts of Belgium.

http://www.wifi-shop.be/product_info.php?cPath=43&products_id=265
http://www.wifi-shop.be/product_info.php?products_id=176

This requires only 1 cat5 cable, the bullet is powered over ethernet.
from there we can either run a cable inside or use a wifi router build
in a watertight box.

The hard part will be to find a construction thats light enough to move
around and stable enough (hight) to carry the node.

If we can find a trailer somewhere we could build a mobile node.

We should investigate the possibility of open (legal) wifi access at the
fairs.
These devices will link very long distances (up to 42KM atm)