[Ubuntu-be] Website - New Planet and Web Writers Team

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 19:52:47 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Some may remember but some time ago, we discussed having a planet on
our website. After some discussion we didn't agreed on something but
rather two planet where setuped. One using the core "Feed Agreggator"
Drupal module and the other using the original Planet software (I
don't remember its exact name). I wasn't happy with the "Feed
Agreggator" module since it was pretty basic and crude. But I wasn't
happy to administer one CMS (even a simple one) and liked to idea to
centralize our website on a single platform.

Recently I installed the Ubuntu Drupal module on the website (see
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu-drupal). Since then, any Launchpad user
should be able to log into the website using its LP account without
the need to create a new account at Ubuntu-be.org (technically an
account is created at first log on). Today I upgraded to the latest
(6.2.1) release of the Ubuntu Drupal modules which comes with a nicer
Planet module.

Anyone blogging, twittering or publishing in RSS anything more or less
related to ubuntu, foss and linux from Belgium is strongly invited to
log into our website and register his/her feed to the planet. If
necessary, make sure to register a filtered feed (tips: you can use
Yahoo Pipes for this) to avoid filling the Planet with unrelated
items. To add you feed to the Ubuntu-be Planet, you should
 1. register as a member of the ubuntu-be-planet (and the ubuntu-be
team) team on Launchpad (https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-be-planet)
 2. wait for subscription approval (currently only by me)
 3. log into the Ubuntu-be.org website using your Launchpad OpenID
(you can use the "Log In" button  under the "Launchpad Login" title)
 4. add you feed(s) under the "Planet Feeds" tabs in the "My Account" page

An Ubuntu-be.org Web Writers team
(https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-be-webeditor) team has also been
created for content writer and maintainer. Its member can edit and add
content on the website. Anyone willing to help with the content is
welcome to join. Any bug related to the content of the website should
be reported on launchpad and assigned to the team.

If anything doesn't work as expected: don't be shy, report a bug !
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-belgium

--
mongolito404, king of the mongolian people