[Ubuntu-be] eID

mongolito404 mongolito404 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 18:51:42 GMT 2009

Hi,

As many of us, I've an eID and a nice blue reader. Like most of us, I
rarely use it. But I've successfully installed the middelware
following the procedure documented on the Ubuntu-fr.org documentation
site. Today I wanted to request some official documents through the
IRISbox website http://irisbox.irisnet.be/. The site checks my
configuration and reports that the eID "software" is installed. But I
can connect to https://mondossier.rrn.fgov.be and read my card info
using the beidgui tool.

I googled a bit and found that a new version of the eID middleware
(3.x) has been released but not for Ubuntu which is stuck at 2.x. The
Ubuntu-fr.org doc wiki has a "quick howto"
(http://doc.ubuntu-fr.org/tutoriel/utiliser_carte_identite_electronique_belge)
but I wonder if anyone here has more information or knowledge on how
to get it the latest middleware to work on Ubuntu.

--
mongolito404, king of the mongolian people