[Ubuntu-be] My Summary After 4 weeks of membership

Matthew Deboysere matthew at next-games.nl
Tue Jul 7 20:18:24 BST 2009

Well, it’s great to have this discussion. I had a quite same discussion a couple of days ago.

There are a lot of great proposals, but the problem is we mostly get the feeling these ideas got ignored and thrown away. I’m here also about eight months and I helped by going to volunteer on Dipro fairs, and I helped Jean with the flyers and posters and such things, but there are not a lot of people who are really ‘into’ this. They just want to know what’s happening and mostly don’t read the mails. That’s a shame and a real bug-off for people like you and me who want to do something. Like, if you actually would contact everyone on the support map to volunteer, I don’t think you will receive 50 positive answers.

Like come on. Dozens of reactions with ‘great idea to make a new flyer and poster”, until we asked for a vote to print them and nobody answered. Do they care? I dunno.

There are a lot of enthusiastic volunteers and if we all get together we might reach something, Not by doing this all separately.

Matthew