[Ubuntu-be] dumbo newbie

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Fri Jan 9 10:44:54 GMT 2009

Hi steve,

As stated on the mailing list homepage, the Ubuntu Belgium list is mainly
used for coordination & organisation of local Ubuntu-activities in Belgium.
For support questions in your own language, please use the ubuntu-nl,
ubuntu-fr, ubuntu-de or ubuntu-users (English) lists, or go to the web
forums of these groups.

But as Hans noted, you could not simply burn the .iso or its content on a
CD. See the provided link and
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BurningIsoHowto for more information.

2009/1/9 steve <stevenup at runbox.com>

> Hi,
> I want to try Ubuntu, I downloaded it and wrote the downloaded (zip) iso
> file to a cd. I looked for a txt file to tell be how to make it bootable
> but there doesnt seem to be one in the download.
> I tried the cd but .....the cd doesnt boot!
> Some instructions for a really simple windows user.
> Cheers steve

mongolito404, king of the mongolian people