[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu at school

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Tue Feb 10 11:00:05 GMT 2009

Mattias Campe schreef:
> Pieter Verledens schreef:
>
>> Yeah!!!
>> After switching to an ubuntu server (http://tinyurl.com/aar4hw and
>> http://tinyurl.com/dhzlvx) a few months ago, we were allowed to
>> install ubuntu on the desktop pc's too :-)
>> I've even made some pics of it:
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3497/3253513766_8a1e5a1e1c.jpg?v=0
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3299/3252684063_0d638bb09c.jpg?v=0
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3073/3253507504_63e3dac9c4.jpg?v=0
>> And ofcourse some Tux spam:
>> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3514/3252690507_af72f11944.jpg?v=0
>>
> Interesting (as I am a informatics teacher). Which school is it all
> about if I my ask? What was the process from idea until use? I what way
> do you use it?
>
> For a part I teach in the study area "Informaticabeheer" (Informatics
> management?). It's mostly hardware, Windows XP and Windows 2003 server,
> but I always give some explanation about Linux and let them install
> Ubuntu. I refer or compare as much as possible. Eg. they learn about
> boot.ini and its possibilities and I give them some task to compare
> those options with menu.lst (grub).

I'd also like to know what school this is at.
I work at "Het Nieuwsblad", and a few journalists here like it when we
send in story ideas.

"Ubuntu" on its own never cought on (Yes, I'm the crazy linux geek
spreading ubuntu CDs on the workfloor)
But a school switching to open source software, that's a nice story, I
think.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker