[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting 16/12/2009 - report

Jean7491 Jean7491 at free.fr
Thu Dec 17 21:17:58 GMT 2009

IRC meeting report
Presents at the IRC meeting 16/12/2009 (in random order) : LarsB,
mongolito404, jean7491, JanC, XiaoShiZi, nero_, Rayvr, yanu, Gh0sty, guydup

1. Past and future events
a. Dipro Mechelen 13/12 – report
The fair was successful, the (3 to 4) volunteers were very busy. About
the preparation, please use the wiki as a check-list to gather all
necessary material.

b. Meeting OCR's (Digipolis) Ghent 14/12 (OCR = Openbaar Computer Ruimtes)
Kenneth was present : it was a good meeting, with a lot of questions.
but interest for Ubuntu and FOSS doesn't mean they will use it. The
Windows-laptop of the organizer was broken, so everybody had to do
presentations from an Ubuntu live-CD, in other words, it was a good demo.
It is important to be present everywhere it is possible to promote
Ubuntu. this meeting was a good opportunity.

c. As conclusion of the program 2009 : Ubuntu-be has been very active
and was present with booths in (at least) 16 Dipro computer fairs, 2 big
fairs in Ghent (Accenta 2009 and Reva2009) and for the software freedom
day in Brussels. Reports on all these events are available in the wiki.
Additionally, we participated to other activities (FOSDEM2009, release
parties, ...) but without report in the wiki : for this reason, it is
difficult to summarize what has been done. The participants to
activities are invited to add the activities in the wiki and to include
a short report.
Archives (reports) about what we done in the last 3 years is important
for the re-approval of Ubuntu-be as an officially approved LoCo Team.

d. Program Dipro 2010
The 3 next Dipro fairs are in Hasselt on 24/1, Gent on 31/1 and Kortijk
on 07/2 :
- Hasselt (24/1), the team is nearly complete and Rayvr will join (TBC).
- Ghent (31/1) : Kenneth will lead the team, we will start to call
volunteers in January,
- Kortrijk (7/2), we will start to call volunteers in January.
- FOSDEM (6-7/2)
- Release party Lucid Lynx 10.04LTS : mid or late May 2010 ?
Within Ubuntu-be, who is interested by such an event ? Who is ready to
contribute to an organization-team ? Please send your reactions and
comments in the mailing list. A decision (about a release party 10.04LTS
or not ?) has to be taken in January.

2. Promotion material
At each Dipro fair, we distribute +/- self-burned 50 CD's, but burning
the CD's during the fair is a loss of time. A possibility is to buy 200
CD's (182 euros) from Canonical. A cheaper solution is to buy 200 blanco
CD's in a Dipro fair at the best price and to burn at home 50 CD's
before each fair.

3. Support points map status
mongolito404 is working on the support points map issue, but nothing new
for now.

4. Things living in the mailing list : nothing

5. Next IRC meeting : 06/01/2010 at 21 h.