[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu-be IRC meeting 26/08/2009 at 21 h. cancelled

Andy Airey airey.andy at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:05:51 BST 2009

As a student organisation (and not beeing a vzw) it is fairly easy to get
sponsors, cheap insurance and even free bank accounts (KBC Bank &
Verzekeringen). I wouldn't see why that would not be possible with a
"Feitelijke Vereniging" like ubuntu-be, as the student organisations I've
been with are "Feitelijke Verenigingen". Let me know if i have to check this
with my contact. But I'm leaving on holiday tonight and this is a quick
reply so can't do it today.

As for IRC, I personally think it is good to have active discussions about
things that cannot be done cleanly in the mailing list. It makes things go
alot faster. A forum will have the exact effect of a mailing-list.
I would even propose SIP conference calls ...

On the other hand, one communication channel should be enough to discuss
topics. (No desperate need for 2 seperate fora, or a forum AND
chat/conference)
We can handle things in the mailing list just as well. The problem is it's
widely posted to the web (for some topics) and it is slower, less active.
Beeing less active makes the people more lazy regarding replying and such.

This is just my opinion :)

I can live with anything but 2 fora seems a bit exagurated.

Andy