[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu-be IRC meeting 26/08/2009 at 21 h. cancelled

ivan flo ivan at hetmosterdzaadje.be
Fri Aug 28 10:11:57 BST 2009

Dear Dries,
Consider the ivory tower ...

Hi,

I also think a forum is a good idea. Not only for the reason Ivan
mentioned, also because the information is persistent then, from which
information can be condensed in the wiki without too much work.

I also have a topic that can be discussed. I saw an effort on the wiki
to organize the ubuntu-be organization more formally... without much
resulting enthusiasm however. My wild idea is to make ubuntu-be a VZW.
The exact rules of the organization can then be defined in the statutes,
and it would give the organization more credibility towards the outside
world (for example, to attract sponsors and new members). I is also just
a good and fun exercise in Belgian law. For more information, see:
http://www.just.fgov.be/img_justice/publications/pdf/64.pdf
To found a vzw, you need at least 3 members, which cannot be such a big
problem in my opinion.

Let me know what you guys think.
Regards,
Dries.