[Ubuntu-be] IRC meeting report 19/08/2009

Mike Morraye mike at morraye.be
Thu Aug 20 17:26:01 BST 2009

First off, I like to thank you (Jean) to write the report (again).

On Thu, 2009-08-20 at 17:47 +0200, jean7491 wrote:
> IRC meeting report
> Present at the IRC meeting 19/08/2009 (in random order): JanC,
> jean7491,  Indra6oc,  mimor, dup_
>
> 1. Future events
> a.  06/09 Dipro fair Ghent
> Already a minimum of 4 volunteers in the wiki, but additional
> volunteers are welcome for a better work. Call will be posted in the
> mailing list.
> We need a volunteer to coordinate the  booth (installation,
> organization and work). Who?
> Guy (Linux-Service) has a 24" lcd acer we can use for the fair: who
> can pick it up in Gavere, bring it to the fair and back to Gavere?
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Ghent_2009-09-06

I'll be present. But can't pick up the screen. (already added to the
wiki)

> b.  13/09 Dipro fair Antwerp
> Already 4 volunteers in the wiki. A call for more volunteers will be
> posted.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Antwerpen_2009-09-13
>
> c. 19/09 Software Freedom Day - HCC Vlaanderen OpenDeur Dag
> Wezembeek-Oppem
> Jan will contact HCC Vlaanderen and coordinate the booth.
> Again, a call for volunteers will be posted in the mailing list.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/HCC_Vlaanderen_OpenDeurDag_2009-09-19

I'll be present, if JanC can give me a ride.

> d. 12-20/09/2009 Internationale jaarbeurs Accenta op Flanders Expo
> Digipolis Afdeling Gent suggests Ubuntu-be participates to their booth
> with presentations and/of demonstrations.
> mimor will contact the organizator about what is expected from
> Ubuntu-be.
> Is such a participation within our possibilities? Are there
> volunteers?
> If we decide to participate to the booth Digipolis, we will first need
> a coordinator.

I didn't had the time to discuss this today. Tomorrow is another day...

> e. 27/09 Dipro fair Hasselt
> Only 1 volunteer. A call will be launched in the mailing list and
> towards the support points in and around Hasselt.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ComputerFairs/Hasselt_2009-09-27
>
> Suggestion from mimor: how about some regular drink-event: just get
> together and have a drink somewhere... without being promoting linux?

This can be held for each 'zone'. One in Ghent, one in Brussels, etc...

> 2. Promotion material
> New posters and flyers are in process to be ordered, and will be
> available for the events in september. A mail about special orders of
> posters or flyers will be posted.
>
> 3 Organization of the Belgian LoCo Team
> A proposal for comment is available in the wiki at
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/TeamOrganization :
> There is a very limited interest for this topic. As priority is given
> to the organization of events, the topic is delayed.
>
> 4. Next IRC meeting on 26/08/2009 at 21 h.

If you want to have something discussed, you can simply do it by adding
it to the https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/IrcMeetings page.
Or ask someone to add it.