[Ubuntu-be] [website] Feedback

jean7491 jean7491 at free.fr
Fri Apr 3 22:53:24 BST 2009

Hello,

A few personal ideas  to contribute to this topic :

It's usefull to add to the website information about future events, not
only by Ubuntu-be organized or Ubuntu related, but enlarged to Linux and
FOSS related, as a way to be active part of a large community and be
recognized.

Related to https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/Website/Events :

- a web visitor should have a quick view of future events - I like the
example of Ubuntu South Dakota - with an indication who is organizing,
Ubuntu-be participation and a link where to find more information (can
be site of organisator).
-  events to be added in the website could be introduced via the mailing
list (everybody can add additional information) +in  the wiki, and later
added by a Web Editor to the website.
- no need of access map or upcoming events map,
- no need to assert "intention to attend to an announced event"
- Ubuntu-be members willing to express availability to help can use the
mailing list or wiki (for Ubuntu-be event or participation) or contact
the organisator.
- reports of events in the wiki, linked with the event
- eventual report of a visitor through organisator.

Jean