[Ubuntu-be] [OT] Huur een student

Bram Biesbrouck b at beligum.org
Mon Nov 17 13:48:35 GMT 2008

Hi all,

I just started a new initiative to work together with students on various
projects, some of them in the OS (planning a throughstart of captorials.com)
world:
http://www.huureenstudent.be

The original idea behind it was that I don't really have the time anymore to
continue my previous open-source initiatives, but I didn't want to abandon
the projects at once. So I started this website to get in touch with some
students who have the skills to continue working on them. Several customers
of my company told me this was an interesting initiative, because it would
enable them to get in touch with skilled students while bypassing the often
expensive interim offices. This made me think: why not see things a little
bigger and create a platform where everybody can get in touch with students
that study someting related to the business you're in. It would enable me to
find some students for my own cause, and in the meantime, help others out
too. Maybe, if things would get big enough, I could start up some projects
with funds coming from website-revenues.

So, it's all still a bit fresh now, but the initial reactions I get from my
fellow business-partners indicate this is interesting enough to send out to
some other people in the business. My apologies for the dutch language of the
website; it's still in beta-phase until February, where I will decide if the
project is viable or not, but I assume it will be, regarding the reactions on
it. If all is well in February, I'll get it translated, and market it for the
entire country.

So if you plan to start up an OS-project yourself, or you're just in need of
some cheap but skilled temporary employees, have a look; some 100 students
enlisted themself up until now, some of them seem to be very interesting
computer-minded people.

Please send this through to your friends or colleagues if you think it might
interest them too.

If you find this mail offensive due to the OT content, my apologies.

bram