[Ubuntu-be] Planet Ubuntu-be ?

mongolito404 mongolito404 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 15 14:20:26 GMT 2008

Hi,

We are talking about the installation of a Planet site for Ubuntu-be. A
Planet is an site which aggregate content from personnal blogs of members of
a community. It allows interested readers to easily and quickly follow
what's going on in the community without the need to track individual sites
themself. The idea is to leverage the "exisitng work" of the members to help
to create a community feeling. I don't think that's the kind of thing you
will learn in your studies but it is a common pratice in many Open Source en
Free Software communities.

The ongoing discussion is about which (server side) software to use for the
Ubuntu-be Planet. I'm in favor of a Drupal (the CMS enfine used for the
Ubuntu-be website) module which will mean the Planet could be fully
integrated to the Ubuntu-be website. I asked for expected features to help
me choice between the various "Planet-like" Drupal modules. Others are
suggesting to use planetplanet which is the original software (if I'm
correct) that created the concept. Planetplanet is easy to install
administer but won't be fuly integrated with the Ubuntu-be website.

PS: Could you please try to follow the advice on top of the daily digest and
modify the Subject line of your mail when replying.

--
mongolito404, king of the mongolian people