[Ubuntu-be] Planet Ubuntu-be ?

Serge van Ginderachter serge at vanginderachter.be
Thu Nov 13 19:28:30 GMT 2008

----- "Cedric Janssens" <decirc at gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]

No, you don't need this to run planetplanet. ( I maintain http://planet.geekdinner.be/ )

planetplanet is just some python script you have to run from cron, to generate the aggregated page (http://planet.geekdinner.be/index.html), which is just plain html, nothing more. You don't need fancy modules for your httpd.

AFAIK, any default ubuntu server install will have the python binary you need for this.

This is very simple to set up, the only thing you might want is a customized css to have the looks of the site.

Going the drupal mod way is of course a good way to integrate with the site, but such a thing is mostly overkill, I think. Except maybe if maintaining the planet subscriptions can be managed from within everyone's user account?

Serge

Serge van Ginderachter http://www.vanginderachter.be/

Kreeg u een "odt" bestand en kan u deze niet openen? Zie http://ginsys.be/odf