[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu Muslim edition

Stijn Verslycken mailstijn at gmail.com
Wed May 28 15:15:52 BST 2008

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 3:58 PM, Steven Leeman <steven at leeman.be> wrote:

> Wtf? http://www.ubuntume.com/
>
> What is Ubuntu Muslim Edition?
>
> *Ubuntu Muslim Edition* is a set of packages that customizes the Ubuntu
> distro by installing islamic software (prayer times, Quran study tool, *web
> content filtering tool* etc.) and by changing its design.
>
> web filtering?

I believe it's fundamentally wrong to involve religion into software. To me
it makes no sense at all, but I'm afraid there's no possible (legal) way to
prevent this from happening...

What's the point anyway? As if you can't install your religion-specific
software on any regular religiously neutral Ubuntu (or whatever else)...

My 2 cents,
Stijn

--
Stijn Verslycken