[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu 8.04 and image import

Lucien Haijen lucien at haijen.be
Sun Jun 22 08:02:28 BST 2008

Hi All

I recently had Ubuntu 8.04 installed. As a result I cannot import
photos from my digital camera any more.
Clicking on System->Preferences->Removable Devices and Media
then choosing Cameras indicates that the application f-spot-import
should do the job.
However attaching the camera opens a window called f-spot and a
second window to select the source (my camera is duly mentioned).
Whatever I do after that results in "freezing" of both windows,
and a little later in the error message : 'Received error "Unspecified
error"
while connecting to camera'.

Any help would be welcome.

Thanks