[Ubuntu-be] One Day Drupal Sprint Debriefing

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 12:47:16 BST 2008

Hi,

Saturday was the one Day Drupal Spring. The goals of the day were to
 - Install Drupal on the www.ubuntu-be.org server with
  - Content translation support
  - OpenID
 - Create static content (using refactored content from current
website) (at least in English)
 - Explore solutions to use Drupal as backend for the Supporters Map
 - Have an Ubuntu-ish theme

Drupal 6.3 has been installed on the Server and can be found at
http://www.ubuntu-be.org/drupal. OpenID is enabled. Base content in
English has been created with support for translations. However,
existing French, Dutch and German content from the CMS-MS web-site has
not yet been imported. This is mostly a copy/paste job, anyone
interested to help can register on the Drupal site and contact me to
get the permission to edit content and translation. Mike H. has
started working on a Drupal theme based on the theme from
shipit.ubuntu.com and previous work (as seen on Francois' Drupal
installation). His work is pretty good but not yet usable on the site.
He continue to work and should finish shortly.

On the support point map, things are moving slowly. Most of the
location related modules for Drupal have not been ported to Drupal 6.
The plan is the use the content_profile module to allow register user
to create a "Supporter profile" containing localization and
commitments information. Next it should be possible to search these
node, and their creators (ie. the user). And to expose the search to
some JavaScript to create the map. For these points, the Services and
JSON Server modules look promising.

The next step is to finish to create the base content in every
language. By the time we are done, Mike H. should have the theme
ready. Once the content is there, we could put the new website in
production, even without the theme.

--
mongolito404, king of the mongolian people