[Ubuntu-be] Obtaining install cd's

mongolito404 mongolito404 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 22:41:38 GMT 2008

Hoi,

You can order CDs for free at shipit.ubuntu.com, you can also buy 20 CDs for
about 25€ at https://shop.canonical.com/. But, imho, CD-R are fine for most
people. It may even help them to understand the freely-(re)distributable
facet of free software, once you explain them it's 100% legal (unlike the
Windows CD they got from some friends).

There is a "basic" manual for support points at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/SupportPoints

On Jan 21, 2008 10:50 PM, Bert Claes <claesbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> hi everyone,
>
> I've registered myself as an Ubunut support-point, where one can also
> obtain installation-cd's. It seems I am located in an area where there
> wasn't anyone yet (centre of sint-niklaas), because I've gotten about seven
> requests already for install-cd's or some explanation.
>
> What I was wondering:
>
> Is there any way I can get more official install-cds or should I just (as
> I am doing now) keep on giving out CD-Rs of DVD-Rs with the downloaded ISOs?
> It seems so "fake" :)
>
> Is there a guideline on how to promote Ubuntu for a casual end-user? I am
> just wondering...
>
> Much regards
>
> Bert Claes
>
> Registered Ubuntu-supporter.

mongolito404, king of the mongolian people