[Ubuntu-be] Console or Graphical?

Vincent Mangelschots vincent at mangelschots.be
Mon Feb 25 23:29:17 GMT 2008

I use the GUI for my day to day tasks like reading email, browsing the
web, chatting with my friends etc. For configuring my system and some
other tasks like downloading large files (wget and cli ftp) i use the
console. I realy love working with the terminal for two reasons. It's
for some tasks alot faster then using gui and i operate a few remote
systems and nothing compares with ssh for remote administration.

In short: I use whatever is the fastest. And if you are familiar with
it, the terminal can be very efficient.