[Ubuntu-be] Fosdem 2008

snulkid rr at lilit.be
Sat Feb 23 19:54:25 GMT 2008

Good evening

I don't know if Ubuntu is the most used Linux distro, if I should
improve my Dutch (#) to read most of the messages here, if there will
be a tram in Liege (#) or if God exists, but the fact is free
software has got media attention tonight : I just saw images from
Fosdem (with an interview of Christophe Vandeplas (##)) at RTBF
evening news. A bit strange indeed : no mention of the words Linux,
Ubuntu, or even... Fosdem! No mention of OLPC project when showing
them (so most people probably understood it was just another "low
cost laptop"). But at least, they insist on the "alternative to
Windows", and Christophe mentioned Firefox and Gimp..

Enjoy your Fosdem!

(#) Off-topic P.S. : Well, I *should* improve it, of course. Apart
from the arguments given by Koen, it would also be easier for me to
read this :
http://www.humanhub.nl/Regionet_Limburg.pdf
(http://www.humanhub.nl/Regionet_Limburg.html)
If some people out Limburg could tell me in private what is happening
now with this project, I would be very interested.

(##) On-topic P.S.: ...but unfortunately, they did not interview
Tille. To prevent another car pollution peak tomorrow in Brussels ?
--
snulkid