[Ubuntu-be] free slow computer for charity

Dries Van Hooydonck driesvanhooydonck at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:11:33 GMT 2008

Hello there!

I hear there are a couiple of people who have old laptops, pc's to give away
to charity.

Well, I am not really charity but interested in one of these pc's / laptops.
I'm using Ubuntu now for a year and am very happy with it. But I want to
know more about linux systems so I am doing a course now in St. Niklaas
(cvo).

Because of my interest in pc's and linux, and because of the course, I would
like to experiment with a netwerk, other distro's,...  in my home. I only
have one pc (pentium III 1000 Mhz) right now so if someone is interested in
donating one pc to me, I would be very happy!

Let me know something at: driesvanhooydonck op gmail.com

Thanks!

Dries Van Hooydonck

2008/2/17, Tom Van Braeckel <tomvanbraeckel op gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got an Intel Pentium III at 500 Mhz with 128 Mb RAM standing around
> here, and also a few 17'' CRT monitors.
> The PC runs fine with XFCE, plays all sorts of media, allows for browsing
> and stuff like that so it would be a shame to throw this away.
> It's CD-drive is broken but you all know this can be replaced very cheaply
> - I'd even throw one in for free if the cause is worth it.
>
> If anyone knows a good purpose for these (preferably supporting Ubuntu or
> humanity), please let me know.
>
> The hardware can be picked up in Ghent.
>
> Ciao,
>
> Tom.

"Be kind, man - don't be mankind."

Captain Beefheart (1973), John Peel radio interview