[Ubuntu-be] Hi all ...

Johan Beckers johan.beckers at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:54:35 BST 2008

I've been lurking on this list for some time a while ago, and recently
subscribed again.
I'm Johan, and have a great interest in open source, open standards,
... . Not so much for the free beer (Duh!), more for the free speech!
I'm running my own ICT business and i focus myself towards the
non-profit sector, NGO's, schools and other educational organizations,
the home user, and last but not least the medical sector  (mental note
to self: don't forget mother and father!).
Hence the link between open source and open standards and the target audience :)

I'm living in Herk-de-Stad (hey, where do we know this town from? :p ,
and yes, I'll make sure that the available beers are tested and
approved :).
If I'm not working, or looking after wife and kids, you can find me in
my garden, or, keeping the Belgium weather in mind, the Irish pub in
Hasselt (Hmm ... love the Guiness!).

My main skills can be found in project and process management.
My current involvement in open source projects are Belgian marketing
contact for OpenOffice.org and some involvement in some smaller open
source projects.
I'm a strong believer of the concept "using the best tool for the
job", and if that means using proprietary software, so be it, but not
before looking at all open source possibility's.

I'm available for tasks in the Ubuntu-be project. I wont volunteer for
anything at the moment. If somebody needs a helping hand with
anything, just drop me a mail and ask!

My main challenges at the moment? Helping my wife as much as I can
with her fourth pregnancy (delivery expected next month, yes a new
Ubuntero on his way :p ), and getting my brand new Nokia N95 8GB synch
with all the Ubuntu stuff.

So, if you see a big guy with his brains growing true his hair hanging
at the bar in the Irish pub, pakt ne kruk en komt langst mich zitte!

Cheers,
Johan.