[Ubuntu-be] about me (voorstelling)

Wesley S. wesley at ubuntu-nl.org
Sun Apr 6 23:49:10 BST 2008

2008/4/6, Ward De Ridder <ward.ubuntu at gmail.com>:

> Hello,
>
> My name is Ward De Ridder, I often use my nickname warddr, and I use
> Ubuntu as default OS for about half a year.
> I am 17 years old, and I'll try to meet some of you at the releasparty,
> but my parents didn't give me the permission yet.
> At school I study Informatica-Beheer, we learn how to program for
> Windows (asp + vb.net) but most of the time my teacher (a Mac user)
> gives me the permission to do everything with python and PHP. As long as
> I use the windows programming languages for my examination. I also have
> a computer with ubuntu at school.
> My English isn't that good, but I'll do my very best.
> I am making a website about ubuntu, http://leerubuntu.org (in Dutch).
> Suggestions / corrections are always welcome.
> I also spend lots of time at #ubuntu-nl, to learn and to teach (and to
> make a FAQ for my website)
> I realy want to participate in this community by promoting Ubuntu (and
> Open Source in general) and by writing tools.
>
> If there are any questions, shoot!

I haven't really looked at your website well yet, but I saw a spelling
mistake while I was quickly browsing the pages:
you spell "kanalen" as "kannalen" somewhere in your website (the "nog
vragen" page). The site looks pretty cool
although I haven't really read everything yet.

I myself also study Accountancy/Computer science (Boekhouden-Informatica).
I'm in my last year now. I do everything
in Linux (Kubuntu) too. We primarily work in Microsoft Visual Basic and
Microsoft Access, but I refuse to do that.
Which is fine, because I just run Windows 2000 + Office 2000 (school
licenses) in Virtualbox when I have exams.
Since both exams count for 60% of my total points, I just have to do good
exams. I hope my system works.

Looking forward to meet you at the release party!

--
Wesley Stessens <wesley at ubuntu.com>
Human Knowledge Belongs To The World - Antitrust (2001)