[Ubuntu-be] ReleaseActions - Train station actions 21/10/07

François Cauwe francois at cauwe.org
Sun Sep 23 11:17:44 BST 2007

Hi everybody,
I'm playing around with the following idea:

Ubuntu needs to gain more visibility in Belgium. And it's important that
people hear a couple of time of Ubuntu before they actually try it.
Therefore, the 6 mouth release is ideal to do a "larger scale" action
around Ubuntu.

I'm proposing the following "Train station actions" :

During the Sunday evening there is a massive flow of students that pass
through the train stations of Belgian student city's. It wouldn't be a
big effort to do an action there, compared to the number of people we
can reach. Eg. A train coming from Brussels to Leuven contains more than
600 students. The idea would be to (1) come with a projector, and
project a presentation or a ubuntu desktop on a wall or screen at the
exit. (2) Flyer at the exit of the train station.

But if you have other idea's; please say!

I'm proposing myself to coordinating this for Leuven, but I would
welcome everybody to do the same for other city's like Ghent,
Brussels, ...

I created a wiki page, feel free to add your name and ideas!
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/ReleaseActions

Can someone post this on the forums? Thanks!

François Cauwe