[Ubuntu-be] Introducing myself to the Ubuntu list

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Sat Mar 24 14:48:18 GMT 2007

Op dinsdag 20-03-2007 om 18:53 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Daniel JM
Stasse:
> I just have installed Kubuntu to my home PC, but struggling at this
> instant with Grub for dual boot. I don’t grasp the process to find
> back Windows after installation.

The Ubuntu installer adds a boot option for Windows automaticly if it
can find & recognise it.  Did you disable the Windows disk or anything
like that during installation?

>  After, I intend to test an emulator (still to find one) for running
> some software only Windows based. For example I have a specific
> encyclopedic library (*) of which I am fond of.

There is WINE, and if that doesn't work well, you can use a full-blown
virtual machine (e.g. vmWare) and install Windows in it.

Oh, and welcome to Ubuntu-be!

--
Jan Claeys