[Ubuntu-be] your opinion please: Alexandre Laurent for bank account?

Alexandre Ficelle alexficelle.pub at gmail.com
Mon Mar 19 21:03:33 GMT 2007

Joeri Poesen a écrit :
> Another free option is Rabobank.be
> (http://www.rabobank.be/nl/klantworden/default.asp (free; full
> internet bank, no offices))

> Patrick Coeman wrote:
>> Ok, but try one of the free bank accounts. KBC is expensive and a
>> hell for Linux users (no support), Argenta is free; has a nice
>> pc-banking module but has a militant flemish management. Centea
>> seems to be for free but I have no account account there. The
>> postbank is expensive and use the same software platform as
>> Argenta. Fortis expensive and a digipass... Other suggestions?

    I've had a Rabobank account for a few years now. It works with a
digipass and standard HTTPS, so no problem with Linux. The only thing is
that you don't get a plastic card. All movements of physical money have
to go through another account, then be transfered to or from your
Rabobank account.

    I'm not sure about how to get two digipasses (and how expensive),
though. It seems possible to open a joint account for people not married
or not living together:

https://secure1.rabobank.be/exp/formul2/step1nl.jsp
https://secure1.rabobank.be/exp/formul2/controller.jsp?pageid=step1nl

    I've also had a Centea account for a long while now (since I was 14
or so). But it's only a savings account, and those are usually free. I
don't know about a regular account. My main account is at ING, but I
really can't recommend them, as they have often been unfriendly towards
me and have made me pay the highest fees for my account even though
cheaper was possible.

    Just my input...

       Alexandre