[Ubuntu-be] introducing myself

Laurent Pirotte laurent.pirotte at skynet.be
Wed Mar 14 22:48:44 GMT 2007

Hi all,

I just have reached the belgian Ubuntu Team and I will begin by introducing
myself.

My name is Laurent Pirotte, I'm 34 years old, living in Brussels (Schaerbeek)
& my mother thong is French.

I first met a computer (an apple II !) 22 years ago trough the help of
the "Jeunesses Scientifiques de Belgique" (http://www.jsb.be).

From about 10 years, I'm Industrial Engineer and I mainly design & configure
computer networks (router, switches, ...). At this time I work for Banksys
better known as Bancontact/Mister Cash.

I have used Windows for a long time but I became more and more frustrated by
the increasing limits to my freedom. So I have decided to switch my home
computer to ubuntu a few months ago (& I converted my girlfriend to linux).

I just have joigned the BxLUG & met Nicolas Pettiaux with whom I try to
organise the participation of the BxLUG & Ubuntu-be team to the WEXS 2007
(see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BelgianTeam/WEXS_2007 for more info).

In general, I would like to invest some of my free time to promote the use of
free software by everybody. I think that most of the problem we meet with
linux are related to the fact that it is not widely used.

For more info about me, you can consult my home page.

Regards

Laurent Pirotte
Laurent.Pirotte at skynet.be
http://users.skynet.be/pirotte.lenders/laurent/