[Ubuntu-be] Formation Ubuntu + Gutsy Party @ULg

Laurent Sibilla lsibilla at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 20:29:38 BST 2007

Hello,

I am the coming new president of N-HiTec and I had a contact with Alex
Ficelle some times ago about a possible event at the University of Liege.

N-HiTec is the Junior Enterprise of applied science faculty of the
University of Liege and give some formation to student in technical
domain (Actually, mainly in the computer field).

One of the formation the most asked is a formation about ubuntu. So we
would like to organize it and for sure, ubuntu-be would be more than
welcomed. We also had a contact with Lilit (the LUG of Liege) and they
are OK to participate.

We also would be please to do it the day of the release of Gutsy. I
don't know if this is ok with you or if you had already planned
something on this date. For sure if this date is ok, this formation will
be open to everybody and not only to student.

A great part of the students don't use ubuntu so the idea of the event
would be that we will install ubuntu on the laptop of whoever want it
and then show them how to use it. Lilit is ok to organise a Linux
Install Party during the afternoon and evening if needed. Then, at
around 19'o clock, I think we can organize 3 formation at the same time
in 3 different auditorium during about 2 hours. One for people that did
never use Ubuntu, one for people that know ubuntu and can use it but
that are not really expert and a third one for linux's command line
lover. The subject of these 3 formations can be discussed but it could
be for example :
1) Gnome presentation, Most used app (Firefox, Thunderbird, OOo, ...),
"System" configuration (synaptic, nm-applet, keybinding, screen
resolution, wallpaper, etc...), and medibuntu etc...
2) commandline configuration  (xorg.conf, aptitude, vim, compiling,
checkinstall, ...)
3) ... Can be so many things... bash scription, zsh, /proc, ...

How does that sounds for you ? Don't hesitate to suggest thing.

Kind regards,
--
Laurent Sibilla

Vice-Président