[Ubuntu-be] vista pr, 200th support point = champagne, 1000 cd's arrived

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Thu Jan 18 22:14:06 GMT 2007

Op donderdag 18-01-2007 om 17:18 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Floris
Lambrechts:
> The "sabdfl" reference -- I'd leave that out because it does not sound
> very professional (in my opinion).

It doesn't matter if 'sabdfl' sounds "professional" or not, it's just
too obscure, and it will require a page-long explanation before people
who don't know the open source world will (maybe) get it.

"BDFL" originally comes from the Python world, where it is the title
_given_ to Guido van Rossum, Python's "inventor" and I don't expect most
journalist (even IT journalist) to have such intimate knowledge of the
Python community.

--
Jan Claeys