[Ubuntu-be] Lesson plan about free software (Re: Meeting in Ghent 7 January)

Jan Fabry cheezy at lumumba.uhasselt.be
Fri Jan 12 09:50:54 GMT 2007

On 12 jan '07, at 09:33, Philippe De Ryck wrote:

> On Fri, 2007-01-12 at 00:47 +0100, Kevin Elaerts wrote:
>>>
>>>     Yes, I think this document would be very valuable. It's a
>>> very good
>>> idea. Please, forward it to me! Dutch shouldn't be too big a
>>> problem for me.
>>
>> I could, but I need to first scan it in, it does count around 20
>> pages.
>> So I'll try to get it done asap.
>
> Those documents should be available online too.
> No need to keep them "secret" and "on paper only", so have a look
> around.
> Maybe on the VVKSO-site (for Vlaanderen anyway).

A bit more information, since there is a distinction between wat is
"official" (required by the government) and common practice in schools.

The (Flemish) government only issues "eindtermen" ("final
requirements"), which state, for each block of two years, what they
expect the pupils to know. These can be quite vague, so schools can
decide for themselves how they reach these goals.

These "eindtermen" can be found on the site of the department of
education: [ http://www.ond.vlaanderen.be/dvo/ ].

For ICT, new "eindtermen" are proposed, to be introduced beginning in
2007-2008. More information can be found at [ http://
www.ond.vlaanderen.be/nieuws/2006p/1027-ICT.htm ] (press release),
and the full proposal can be found at [ http://www.ond.vlaanderen.be/
dvo/ICT/indexict.htm ].

These are the only requirements from the Flemish government.

Of course, schools don't do all the pedagogical planning on their
own. Most schools follow the "leerplannen" ("learning plans") their
umbrella-organisation creates. About 75% of the schools are part of
the catholic system, and are grouped in the VSKO. [ http://vsko.be ].
Their French and German-speaking counterpart is the SeGEC [ http://
www.segec.be/ ]. Other umbrella organisations are "Het
Gemeenschapsonderwijs" [ http://www.gemeenschapsonderwijs.be ]
(dependent from the government, about 20%?), and those dependent from
the cities and provinces.

These groups create the "leerplannen" which most schools follow. They
are much more detailed than the "eindtermen", but not officialy
required. For the VVKSO (catholic secondary schools), you can find
them at [ http://ond.vvkso-ict.com/vvksomain/leerplannenindex.asp ].
For example, ICT in the second grade: [ http://ond.vvkso-ict.com/
leerplannen/doc//Informatica-2003-028.pdf ].

So, when you give this workshop, be aware that there is more than
just the VVKSO. The new "eindtermen" ICT might be a good concept to
build on.

I don't know whether this site was already mentioned, but I found it
during this search: [ http://www.vvkso-ict.com/ ]. It's the site of
the ICT-coordinators of the catholic secondary schools. They also
organise courses for other teachers about the use of ICT in schools:
[ http://nascholing.vvkso.be/ ].

I hope this doesn't overwhelm you, and please correct me where I made
mistakes,

Jan