[Ubuntu-be] mailing lists vs. forums (was: SATA HD SUPPORT)

Serge van Ginderachter serge at vanginderachter.be
Wed Jan 10 18:43:55 GMT 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-10 at 16:09 +0100, adrien wrote:
> I would plead to discourage new users to use fora. And promote
> mailinglists with repect for netiquette.
>
> (Even regular (linux)-posters doing now topposting and etc).

I agree. I had the same issues with lists.ugov.be. It appears the
younger generation prefers fora to mailing lists. This also does not
help with regards to netiquette and topposting, as mailing lists and
usenet are the primary places where those rules should be obvious.

Anyway, I'd like to ask to make some efforts to keep those 'old' habits
in place. When you stick to them, you'll get to know why they are
pleasant to use!

        Serge

--
Serge van Ginderachter          http://www.vanginderachter.be/

What is a "free" gift ? Aren't all gifts free?