[Ubuntu-be] laptop

Pierre Buyle mongolito404+ubuntu-be at gmail.com
Mon Jan 8 06:38:33 GMT 2007

I've an old laptop  Celeron 650Mhz (or is it 600Mhz), 192Mb, 6Gb,
800x600, almost death battery but working power cable. Xubuntu runs
fine (with lighttpd + php + sqlite). Probably not a good demo box. But
could be useful as a light server on fairs if needed.

On 1/7/07, Wesley S. <profox at ubuntu-nl.org> wrote:
> 2007/1/7, Michel <03taxi at gmail.com>:
> > PII 350Mhz, 192MB ram 6GB HD
> >
> > will this run ubuntu (for use on fairs)
>
> It will run Ubuntu, but I personally wouldn't use it on a fair, because it
> won't go very fast, especially not when running modern desktop environments
> like GNOME or KDE. XFCE should run fairly fast. (or what can be called fast
> on an old laptop like that)
>
> --
> Wesley Stessens <profox at ubuntu-nl.org>
> http://wesley.debianbox.be

mongolito404, king of the mongolian people