[Ubuntu-be] advertentie

Jan Claeys ubuntu at janc.be
Thu Jan 4 00:09:05 GMT 2007

Op woensdag 03-01-2007 om 23:15 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Adriaan
Leijnse:
> maybe just say that there aren't any viruses for linux?
> (there are like 4 of them, and none of them are in the wild or work on
> distro's newer than say 2005)

Eh?

Gigabyte[1] (Belgium's most famous virus writer) wrote a virus in TCL
some years ago[2], and I see no reason why it wouldn't work anymore
today.

Or I could write a working virus myself, if you prefer, in python or
bash or whatever...  ;-)

Seriously, it's quite easy to write a virus, it's a bit more difficult
to get a user to run it, and it's even more difficult to get it run with
root privileges (although that might not be required for a virus to be
successful).  But it's *really* possible to do so.

[1] <http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?id=3&subid=85&art_id=153887>[3]
[2] <http://wiki.tcl.tk/10907>
[3] It took the FCCU 6 months to find her real identity.  It took me 2
    minutes...   ;-)

--
Jan Claeys