[Ubuntu-be] FOSDEM on February 24/25

Wouter Horré wouter-ubuntu at horre.be
Tue Feb 20 13:50:13 GMT 2007

On Tuesday 20 February 2007 13:11, Jan Claeys wrote:
> On ma, 2007-02-19 at 20:39 +0100, Wouter Horré wrote:
> > I can bring an ACR38U e-ID reader to show the e-ID support under
> > linux/ubuntu.
> > I can't bring any other hardware.
>
> That would be cool, but 2 questions:
> - what software is needed (we can't rely on FOSDEM internet access to
>   install it ;-) )

these packages (and dependencies) are needed: libacr38u libacr38ucontrol0
beid-tools pcscd libpcsclite-dev beidgui belpic

> - what extra configuration is needed

There isn't much configuration needed. I followed the instruction on
http://users.pandora.be/mydotcom/howto/linux/ubuntubelpic.htm, but adapted
them to edgy (these are for dapper using edgy packages).

> - we'll also need an e-ID to test/demo it...  :)

I have an e-ID :) Without internet access, you can show the beidgui. It should
also be possible to sign documents in OpenOffice.org, but I haven't tried
that.

g.
Wouter

--