[Ubuntu-be] install parties

Bruno De Bondt bruno at indymedia.be
Fri Apr 27 08:44:40 BST 2007

Hello,

Our first install party was great fun. There were about 20 people, most
of them came to install, some of them to test (live cd) or to have a
chat about Ubuntu / Linux / Foss. You can find a short report (in Dutch)
and pictures on http://www.indymedia.be/en/node/8973 .

We discussed this afterwards within Indymedia.be. We are planning to do
an install party with every new Ubuntu release, since it's relatively
easy to organise and a nice way to help people to get started with
Ubuntu. People who came on Sunday said they really like the 'Linux
afternoon', and where enthousiastic about the idea to attend more
parties. Nice for us also was that we reached people who we didn't know yet.

Also the support map is a good tool for reaching new people: several
questions came in already, and people will start coming by for help with
installations, demo's etc.

-- bruno