[Ubuntu-be] Ubuntu Feisty CDs requested

Mark Van den Borre mvdborre at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 11:08:08 BST 2007

Hi Reginald,

2007/4/19, Snulkid <rr at lilit.be>:
> I'm rather confused with ubuntu-be politics regarding CDs (official?
> personalised ? pressed ? free or sold?) but just for information :
How things currently work, bullet style:
* We don't and will not sell Canonical supplied cd's. We do accept donations.
* We have a limited supply of cd's from Canonical. This is not a
right. We can't rely on it for the long term.
* We distribute between 150 and 250 cd's per fair.
* We often need to burn extra cd's to complement the Canonical supplied ones.
* We pay a levy  of 0.12€ per burned cd-r to Auvibel.

Future work, short term:
* Pressed cd logistics: No need to send cd's around within Belgium
when you already know how many you will need, and where. Local fair
responsibles might want to ask for 250 cd's per fair they are
responsible for. Please don't do this yet! This would need
coordination at ubuntu-be.org level!
* Avoid aubivel levy: Go buy a pile of cd's in Luxemburg. Burn them
there (hint: how would auvibel check that?). Bring them back to
Belgium.

Future work, medium term:
* Someone, stand up and create a localised Ubuntu cd for nl_be and/or fr_be!

Future options, long term:
* Keep on burning.
AND/OR * Pressing a localised cd with sponsoring.
AND/OR * Cooperate with magazines and other parties. They press the
cd, we distribute (part of) it.

Sincerely,

Mark
--