[Ubuntu-be] captorials, throughstart

Bram Biesbrouck b at beligum.org
Wed Apr 4 10:57:16 BST 2007

Hi all,

As some of you know, I've been involved in open-source videohelpdesking
(Captorials and ScreenKast). Due to a lot of factors, mainly money-related,
I've been forced to retract my two servers from the datacentre of my main
sponsor (E-Bo Enterprises, which I'm still grateful for the delivered
service).

However, a webservice can't be in the air without servers, so this means the
captorials project is (temporarily) dead. Since my interest in
videohelpdesking is kicking in again, and I'm making some (very little) money
with endless side-projects, I'd like to re-introduce videohelpdesking into
the community, but this time, not alone, but with some fellow interested
people.

Here's the concept: find some people who think alike and have access to some
resources (servers, datacentre-space, dev-skills, influence in some
soft-companies, etc) to spare. The idea would be rethink the whole project,
using all the software already written (by me), but this time, completely
open-source; server, client, webservice. This is the *idealogical* idea.
Perhaps I'll have to compromise here and there, but I feel the interest from
inside the community for videohelpdesking is still there, so perhaps some
people feel like joining this project.

Please respond to this mail if you think you have some interesting ideas...

bram