[Ubuntu-be] Charleroi Fair
cedric.janssens at ubuntu-be.org
Wed Sep 27 18:20:42 BST 2006
I'm just realizing I din't post something about Charleroi Fair.
- there were a lot of visitors in the morning but significantly less
in the afternoon.
- a lot of them came to see us as we were place just next a super
cd/dvd seller ( a lot of people come to this kind of event just for
- some of them have heard about Linux, some knew Ubuntu but a lot
didn't have any idea about what is Linux
- The two most common questions are :
- Free ? Where is the clue ? Is limited in time ? Is support
not free ? Updates not free ?
- How do you live if you make promo for a free system ?
Lucien came with his laptop and some cd.
Jean-Philippe came with his laptop, a spindle of 25 burned CD, and
bought a second spindle and we've burned some cd with the laptops.
I came with two laptops and 1600 flyers (
To every person we gave a flyer, we insists about the map to find some help.
What is planned for next fair for us (Liege).
one more laptop with a big config to make some demo of commercial
games and/or XGL
some fancy decoration (a banner to put on the back of the table and I
like to find a banner to put [en hauteur, au dessus du stand])
What could be interesting :
some chicks ( http://mbrix.dk/files/linux_chicks/ ) to distribute flyers :-)
More and more cd :-)
Thanks for whose who support us.
My conclusion : it was REALLY interesting experience.
My objective : be present to http://www.artsmenagers.be but it isn't
the same budget.
More information about the ubuntu-be