[Ubuntu-be] dipro Leuven - what we've learned
christophe at vandeplas.com
Mon Oct 16 16:31:46 BST 2006
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
A little mail to tell everyone the dipro event in Leuven went very well.
Many people were interested and 'said' they'd have a look at the live CD.
Some things we've learned:
- - it's nice to have a little CD holder so that people can take a CD, dont
put to many CD's on the tables to prevent people from 'taking a free cd'
- - don't hesitate to ask people if they ever heard about it, tell them a
little story (either technical or just basic social talk about history of
ubuntu or nice features) and *only then* give them a CD
- - put a little leaflet about ubuntu-be in the CD-cover
- - speak about the (flemish) government and the education (they are really
promoting opensource in the education), speak about the ODF european
- - always explain you start in a modus that doesn't change a thing to
their computer, no risk. If they like it, they can install it.
- - take a table-cloth (une nappe, een tafellaken) that unifies the look of
- - don't forget to drink enough and take some breaks !
After the event it's nice to go eat something with your fellow
Continue the great work !
Christophe Vandeplas - Belgium
mailto:christophe at vandeplas.com
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.5 (Darwin)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the ubuntu-be